Would it not be great if a business could never be breached? Yes, it would! Unfortunately, we live in a world where becoming the victim of cybercrime is commonplace, if almost inevitable for a business. The good news is that Ward can help you avoid the possibility of an attack, or even from paying hefty fines if you are compromised in any way.
As an Information Security Consultancy and Managed Services company, we believe in giving everyone the best advice when it comes to security.
Why is PCI DSS essential for every business?
We see that the introduction of GDPR is encouraging businesses to pay closer attention to safeguarding personal data and their security infrastructure. However, protecting personal data is not the only concern for organisations that process or facilitate card payments. The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) outlines the requirements set out by the PCI Council that any business dealing with payment cards needs to adhere to. There are many ways to compromise cardholder data through remote access attacks, social engineering and more. The objective of the PCI standard is that it protects cardholder data, which is a big target for hackers. By following the standard, you can avoid costly data breaches, keep your data secure and maintain the loyalty of your customers by ensuring that their data is safe with you.
Here are five of our PCI DSS CHECKLIST you need to have a look at to understand where you stand in your PCI compliance journey:
- Conduct risk assessments on your payment infrastructure to understand if there are any gaps or vulnerabilities that can occur when the card data is being processed.
- If you are an e-commerce business, make sure you monitor and control access to your e-commerce environment. If you notice something suspicious, immediately notify the responsible authorities.
- If you work with third parties who are in any way connected to the cardholder environment, make sure they have followed best practices to maintain PCI DSS compliance.
- Training staff is vital, especially when it comes to security best practices. Many employees handle cardholder data on a daily basis and that can be your biggest vulnerability and your first line of defence.
- It is important for every business to understand what data they actually store and if it’s relevant to store it and also ensure that this information is encrypted.
Here’s how we helped Servecentric achieve PCI DSS.
Ward Solutions is a Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) and has one of the leading range of QSA services, assisting clients at all stages of their PCI DSS lifecycle. To speak to our experts, call 1800 718 850 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you in your journey to compliance.