The current Cloud landscape:
“Experts predict that the cloud service market will be worth a whopping USD 623.3 billion by 2023. Among the several factors enterprises consider when choosing cloud services, optimising costs is right on top. After all, successful cloud transformation allows an organisation to shift operational costs from a CAPEX model to an OPEX model.” 1
Many industry leaders are moving to the cloud for a number of reasons. Some of the top motivators are:
- Maintain regulatory reporting requirements and compliance
- Deliver innovative products and services for customers
- Reduce costs and increase operational efficiency
- Modernize legacy infrastructure
- Gain insights and detect fraud through advanced analytics and machine learning
As organizations chase their digital acceleration initiatives, it is critical they successfully secure and execute their cloud migration journey. To be competitive and successful in today’s business landscape, the execution of a secure cloud migration journey is key
Even when institutions are aiming to move to a cloud native network there will be critical applications that will need to be maintained on-premises for legacy. In the long run, this creates complexity, overhead, and security challenges that work against the spirit of digital acceleration.
To successfully secure and achieve your digital acceleration goals without compromise, a flexible, well-integrated security solution should be considered an essential investment.
“Not only will this allow organizations the ability to secure any application journey on any cloud, but it will also empower them with the freedom and flexibility to evolve as needed, building upon today’s investment for tomorrow’s journey. “ 2
Challenges and solutions when expanding to the cloud:
- The Challenge: To take advantage of the services, solutions, and scale it offers, we want to move to the Cloud. However, our business runs on critical workloads that contain valuable data we cannot afford to lose.
Solution: Your cloud migration needs to be secure. To confidently move your business-critical workloads and data to the cloud, it is essential to incorporate resilience, security and speed into your migration plan
- The Challenge: We have data and applications running everywhere, from legacy workloads on-premises, to various SaaS applications, to new deployments in multiple clouds
Solution: Defending is essential in protecting your digital landscape. A unified operating environment and consistent policies will be key in creating a strong defence. Simple and automated threat defences will create a smooth path for deployment in multiple clouds.
- Challenge: We operate in a hybrid environment with people working anywhere and using various devices to access data and services in multiple places. How do we help employees securely access the tools they need from anywhere on any device?
Solution: Empower distributed and hybrid workforces. Deliver a seamless and secure user experience independent of location or device.
- Challenge: We need to quickly iterate on customer feedback and respond to new market forces. The cloud lets developers work faster but introduces the potential for new risks
Solution: Encourage and Foster a culture of innovation. Allow your developers to invest in time to build, test, and iterate quickly in any cloud environment with built-in security by design.
- Challenge: We need to provide customers with personalized experiences based on what we know about them from data gathered across multiple channels
Solution: To combine data sources and tailor new experiences for customers in real time create engaging, seamless, personalized experiences for customers by securely unlocking the value of data in real time.
We at Ward solutions understand the difficulties in employing an organic model that allows for scalability. Your SOC and NOC team are more than likely at maximum capacity when it comes to dealing with ransomware attacks. Our experts provide a 24 x7 model with OPEX opportunities that allow teams within the organisation feel relaxed knowing our team is there to help.
Ward Solutions is a full service, full security lifecycle provider. If you don’t have the right manpower, tools and expertise then consider partnering with a Security consultancy and managed cloud security service provider with the knowledge and skills to help supply or augment your CISO, Security engineering and security operations resources. Talk to us today to see how we can help.
“Fortinet Cloud Security empowers organizations to achieve digital acceleration by securing every application journey on any cloud. Delivering consistent policies and centralized management and visibility, along with security automation across all clouds and hybrid clouds, organizations can securely build, deploy, and run applications while reducing deployment complexity and increasing effective security and response. With tight integrations across cloud platforms, flexible consumption models, and wide range deployment choices across hardware and virtual appliances, and SaaS, Fortinet Cloud Security supports all cloud use cases, no matter where the customer is in their application journey and how those journeys evolve. 2022 Fortinet. All Rights Reserved.”
Image: Secure any application on any cloud with Fortinet: Fortinet inc.